A Welder/Fabricator constructs and manufactures metal parts and products, taking particular care to produce clean, polished welds. Follows blueprints, determines material measurements, and takes responsibility for fabricating parts used in later assembly processes. Responsible for the quality of output. Must perform simple tests to ensure weld quality and tolerance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabricate and manufacture metal parts for later assembly.
- Follow blueprints to ensure exact specifications of output.
- Produce strong, clean welds.
- Test output to ensure strength and tolerance of welds.
- A Welder/Fabricator must constantly inspect and test welds and equipment.
- Welds are checked for durability as well as meeting specified standards and equipment must be examined to determine if repairs or new equipment is needed.
- Prior experience welding, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with common welding tools and procedures, including MIG welding TIG welding, metal fabricating, grinding, and finishing metals.
- Ability to stand, crouch, and occasionally lift heavy equipment
- High school diploma or a GED equivalent.
- At least two years of experience in fabrication.
- Ability to comprehend blueprints, work specifications, and knowledge of common welding symbols.
- Physical ability to lift at least 75 pounds or more.
- Any other duties as required or assigned by the supervisor.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Welding Certificate completion.
- Understanding of construction tasks and industrial processes.
- Excellent color vision and hand dexterity.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.